start your crypto journey in 5 steps
LOOKING FOR THE LATEST CRYPTOCURRENCY RATES
Looking for MORE INSIGHTS
Top Cryptocurrency Brokers
- Real-time transaction transparency
- Pre-trade price locking
- Cross-asset trading
- Great for beginners and advanced users
- Staking program under development
- Controls your private keys
- Well established
- Great for beginners
- Very high liquidity
- Number of additional services
- Complex fee structure
- Accounts are monitored
- Controls your private keys
- Decentralized Exchange
- Tor-based software no geo-boundaries
- Don't hold your funds, you are in control of everything
- Secure with no extra complications
- Not for beginners
- P2P network so the risk is on you
- Fee charged on trade volumes
- Over 80 crypto firms eyeing presence in Hong Kong: Financial SecretaryCointelegraph.com News – 1 hour agoSince October, more than 80 virtual asset companies have expressed interest in establishing in the city, while 23 have indicated actual plans of doing so.
- Beware of fake Arbitrum Airdrops, community warnsCointelegraph.com News – 1 hour agoThe community has warned others to stay vigilant after reports of phishing websites and scams offering Arbitrum Airdrop tokens.
- FDIC sells Signature Bank deposits to Flagstar, crypto not includedCointelegraph.com News – 3 hours agoThe 40 branches of Signature Bank will officially reopen and operate as Flagstar Bank on March 20.
- Bitcoin ATM maker shuts cloud service after user hot wallets compromisedCointelegraph.com News – 3 hours agoBitcoin ATM manufacturer General Bytes said a hacker was able to install and run a Java application in its terminals that could access user information and send funds from hot wallets.
- Fed, central banks enhance ‘swap lines’ to combat banking crisisCointelegraph.com News – 6 hours agoCurrency swap lines have been used during times of crisis in the past, such as the 2008 global financial crisis and the 2020 coronavirus pandemic.
- Venezuela overhauls national crypto departmentCointelegraph.com News – 9 hours agoA new board headed by Anabel Pereira Fernández will lead the reorganization. The new team excludes Joselit Ramirez, who led the department since its inception in 2018 but was reportedly arrested on March 17 on corruption charges.
- Bitcoin hits $28k as uncertainty surrounds banksCointelegraph.com News – 11 hours agoBitcoin’s price has surged to surpass the $28,000 zone, marking a 16% boost in value in the past seven days
- UBS Group agrees to $3.25B ‘emergency rescue’ of Credit SuisseCointelegraph.com News – 13 hours agoSwiss authorities agreed to change the country’s regulations to bypass a shareholder vote and announce the deal over the weekend.
- Microsoft Is Testing an Ethereum Wallet in Its Edge Web BrowserBitcoin News – 2 hours agoMicrosoft, the software conglomerate, has introduced an Ethereum-based cryptocurrency wallet in the testing version of its Edge web browser. The new feature, which software sleuth Albacore discovered, is named “Crypto Wallet” and would allow users to store and transact Ethereum and Ethereum-based tokens in a non-custodial way, acting like a Metamask clone. Microsoft Introduces Ethereum […]
- Midsize US Banks Ask Regulators to Extend FDIC Insurance to All Deposits for 2 Years Before Another Bank FailsBitcoin News – 4 hours agoThe Mid-Size Bank Coalition of America has asked federal regulators to extend FDIC insurance to cover all deposits for the next two years. “Doing so will immediately halt the exodus of deposits from smaller banks, stabilize the banking sector and greatly reduce chances of more bank failures,” the group claimed. “It is imperative we restore […]
- US Lawmaker Urges Government to Guarantee All Deposits to Avoid Runs on Smaller BanksBitcoin News – 6 hours agoA U.S. congressman has urged the federal government to temporarily insure every bank deposit in the country. Following the collapses of several major banks, he stressed that if the government does not do this, there will be a run on smaller banks. “This is a contagion that could be spread across the entire banking system,” […]
- US Senator Calls for Investigation Into Bank Failures — Says Fed Chair Powell ‘Bears Direct Responsibility’Bitcoin News – 8 hours agoU.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren has called for a “thorough, independent investigation of the causes” that led to the failure of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) and Signature Bank. She alleges that Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell “bears direct responsibility” for regulatory and supervisory issues involving the two banks. Senator Elizabeth Warren Calls for Independent Investigation Into […]
- ‘Self-Custody Should Mean the Ownership of Everything About You’ Says Sharering’s Tim BosBitcoin News – 10 hours agoAccording to Sharering, a blockchain-based platform enabling the creation and use of “self-sovereign” verifiable credentials, millions of potential world wide web users are still disconnected from the internet because they lack required or verifiable identities, among other things. Without such verifiable identities or credentials, many disadvantaged groups, including refugees, are thus precluded from accessing information […]
- Bitcoin Surges by More Than 37% Against US Dollar This Week, Taps $28K on SundayBitcoin News – 12 hours agoBitcoin reached a high of $28,422 per unit on Sunday at around 3 p.m. Eastern Time as the leading cryptocurrency has continued to rise during the last week. Since last Sunday, bitcoin has increased in value by 37.9% against the U.S. dollar, and the cryptocurrency’s overall market capitalization has swelled to $546 billion. Global Cryptocurrency […]
- Google Trends Data Reveals Searches for ‘Banking Crisis,’ ‘Bank Runs,’ SkyrocketBitcoin News – 14 hours agoInterest in the U.S. banking crisis has risen greatly over the past two weeks, as shown by Google Trends data. There has been a sharp increase in queries related to search terms such as “banking crisis,” “bank collapse,” and “bank failure.” On March 13, 2023, the search term “banking crisis” reached the top Google Trends […]
- Bitcoin’s Ordinal Inscriptions Surpass 500,000 Mark as Miners Earn $2.66 Million in Added FeesBitcoin News – 16 hours agoAccording to statistics, there are now more than 500,000 Ordinal inscriptions on the Bitcoin blockchain as the trend continues to gain significant traction. Onchain data also shows that since inscriptions started gaining popularity last month, Bitcoin miners have obtained 98 bitcoins worth $2.66 million in added fees. The Rise of Ordinal Inscriptions on Bitcoin Blockchain […]
Looking for recommendations
We do our best to keep you aware and well informed
We believe that awareness is the key to making informed decisions. Our mission is to provide a wider view on the topic of cryptocurrencies.
A cryptocurrency is a decentralized network that enables peer-to-peer payments, with no central authority. To achieve that, the network is sharing a public ledger called blockchain that holds a cryptographically proven log of all the transactions.
Yes, you can. However, you need to keep in mind that cryptocurrencies are highly speculative. Any investment involves a significant risk. Future performance of any cryptocurrency is unpredictable, past performance does not guarantee the future performance of any cryptocurrency.
Cryptocurrencies don’t have a legal tender status in most of the jurisdictions. Each jurisdiction treats them differently – in most cases the tax liability comes into the picture.
Yes, there’s always a risk of this kind.