start your crypto journey in 5 steps
LOOKING FOR THE LATEST CRYPTOCURRENCY RATES
Looking for MORE INSIGHTS
Top Cryptocurrency Brokers
- Real-time transaction transparency
- Pre-trade price locking
- Cross-asset trading
- Great for beginners and advanced users
- Staking program under development
- Controls your private keys
- Well established
- Great for beginners
- Very high liquidity
- Number of additional services
- Complex fee structure
- Accounts are monitored
- Controls your private keys
- Decentralized Exchange
- Tor-based software no geo-boundaries
- Don't hold your funds, you are in control of everything
- Secure with no extra complications
- Not for beginners
- P2P network so the risk is on you
- Fee charged on trade volumes
- US lawmakers appeal directly to 4 mining firms, requesting info on energy consumptionCointelegraph.com News – 3 hours agoFour members of the U.S. House Committee on Energy and Commerce said they were “deeply concerned” that Proof-of-Work mining could increase demand for fossil fuels.
- A sharp drop in TVL and DApp use preceded Avalanche’s (AVAX) 16% correctionCointelegraph.com News – 5 hours agoAVAX price gave up recent gains after correcting by 16% and the network’s declining TVL and DApp use suggest that the protocol is losing ground versus its competitors.
- Nigeria aims for millions of new eNaira users as it increases features, targets unbankedCointelegraph.com News – 6 hours agoNigerian Central Bank governor Godwin Emefiele told attendees at the eNaira Hackathon that technical upgrades will add to the attractiveness and accessibility of the CBDC.
- Options data shows Bitcoin’s short-term uptrend is at risk if BTC falls below $23KCointelegraph.com News – 7 hours agoBTC’s $335 million options expiry has become a death trap for bulls, and increased legal action by the SEC and IRS against crypto companies is adding to the sell pressure.
- CME Group plans to launch options on ETH futures prior to the MergeCointelegraph.com News – 9 hours agoThe group reported it had observed an increase in trading volume and open interest for ETH futures and micro-sized ETH futures options, possibly in anticipation of the Merge.
- Blockchain venture capital funding down over 43% in July: ReportCointelegraph.com News – 9 hours agoThe crypto market downturn is impacting private funding, but are recent declines in capital inflows as bad as the figures suggest?
- Bitcoin 'liveliness' lowest since 2021 amid new 5-year BTC hodl recordCointelegraph.com News – 9 hours agoMore of the BTC supply has stayed in its wallet for five years or longer than ever before.
- How can DAOs involve fans in filmmaking? Expert answersCointelegraph.com News – 10 hours agoJake Fraser believes that DAOs can let fans get involved from the scriptwriting process to the selection of actors who will play in a film.
- CME Group to Offer Market Participants Ethereum Options 3 Days Before the MergeBitcoin News – 1 hour agoThree days before Ethereum’s transition from proof-of-work (PoW) to proof-of-stake (PoS), the world’s largest derivatives marketplace in terms of volume, CME Group, announced plans to list ethereum options. While CME’s ether options product prepares for regulatory review, the company detailed that the options contract will be measured at 50 ether per contract, using the CME […]
- Russian Accused of Laundering Cryptocurrency From Ransomware Attacks Extradited to USBitcoin News – 3 hours agoA Russian national suspected of laundering ransomware payments in cryptocurrency on behalf of cybercriminals targeting hospitals has been extradited to the U.S. by the Netherlands. The man was allegedly involved in the criminal activity for a period of three years before his arrest in Amsterdam last November. Alleged Russian Money Launderer Handed Over to U.S. […]
- Another Stablecoin Fluctuates Wildly as HUSD Slips Below USD Peg to $0.82 per TokenBitcoin News – 6 hours agoThe stablecoin HUSD, originally associated with the crypto exchange Huobi Global, lost its peg with the U.S. dollar on Wednesday, August 17, and it dropped even lower in value the following day on Thursday, August 18. On Thursday, Huobi addressed the public on Twitter and the exchange said “we are aware of the current liquidity […]
- Bitcoin’s Mining Difficulty Rises for the Second Time in a Row — It’s Now 0.63% Harder to Find a BTC BlockBitcoin News – 8 hours agoOn August 18, 2022, Bitcoin’s mining difficulty increased again after the 1.74% rise two weeks ago on August 4. At block height 749,952 at 7:07 a.m. (EST) the network’s mining difficulty rose by 0.63% from 28.17 trillion to 28.35 trillion Thursday morning. Bitcoin Network Records Second Consecutive Difficulty Increase Since August 4 Finding a bitcoin […]
- Biggest Movers: FLOW Rebounds Following 7-Day Losing StreakBitcoin News – 9 hours agoFLOW was trading higher on Thursday, as the token rallied upward following seven straight days of declines. The surge comes despite the global crypto market capitalization trading 1.14% lower as of writing. Shiba inu fell by nearly 10% in today’s session. FLOW FLOW was one of Thursday’s notable movers, as the token rebounded following seven […]
- Coinbase Could Be a Material ‘Beneficiary’ of Ethereum’s Merge Transition, JPMorgan Analyst SaysBitcoin News – 11 hours agoJPMorgan analyst Kenneth Worthington says digital currency exchanges like Coinbase will end up being a meaningful “beneficiary” of Ethereum’s long-awaited transition from proof-of-work (PoW) to proof-of-stake (PoW). Based on $2K ethereum prices and a 5% ethereum yield, Worthington explained that The Merge could boost Coinbase’s annual income by $80 to $100 million from staking services. […]
- Bitcoin, Ethereum Technical Analysis: ETH Below $1,900 as Ethereum Foundation Comments on Gas FeesBitcoin News – 12 hours agoEthereum was once again trading below $1,900 during Thursday’s session, as the Ethereum Foundation clarified speculation surrounding The Merge. It was recently rumored that the move will reduce gas fees, however these claims were somewhat dismissed. Bitcoin was also lower, as it continued to trade below $24,000. Bitcoin Bitcoin (BTC) fell lower for a fifth […]
- Electricity Consumption of Russian Crypto Miners Spikes 20 Times in 5 Years, Research FindsBitcoin News – 13 hours agoPower needs of cryptocurrency miners in Russia have grown significantly since 2017, with consumption of electrical energy seeing a 20-fold increase over the five-year period. In 2021, the minting of the coin with the largest market cap, bitcoin, required 1.25 gigawatts in the country. Experts say, however, that Russia has the spare capacities to satisfy […]
Looking for recommendations
We do our best to keep you aware and well informed
We believe that awareness is the key to making informed decisions. Our mission is to provide a wider view on the topic of cryptocurrencies.
A cryptocurrency is a decentralized network that enables peer-to-peer payments, with no central authority. To achieve that, the network is sharing a public ledger called blockchain that holds a cryptographically proven log of all the transactions.
Yes, you can. However, you need to keep in mind that cryptocurrencies are highly speculative. Any investment involves a significant risk. Future performance of any cryptocurrency is unpredictable, past performance does not guarantee the future performance of any cryptocurrency.
Cryptocurrencies don’t have a legal tender status in most of the jurisdictions. Each jurisdiction treats them differently – in most cases the tax liability comes into the picture.
Yes, there’s always a risk of this kind.